Title: Configuration Management Consultant
At Allstate Northern Ireland, we believe it’s more than just a job. We believe in allowing our people to choose the direction of their careers. It’s about you, your future and where you want to get to.
Opportunity is the hallmark of the Allstate career experience. We invest heavily in our employees, offering long term career development, personal growth and investment in new technologies. Every day is different, with new ideas, challenges, and rewards — no matter which team you join.
We believe that inclusive diversity is crucial to creating a culture of mutual respect where the strengths and talents of each individual are recognised. We like to leave things better than we found them and deliver results. We do all of this while having fun and exploring personal passions.
Join our team and you’ll find challenge and reward in a culture of innovation, support and balance.
Your role in the team
As a member of the global Service Asset and Configuration Management team (SACM) within Allstate’s Compute Services division, the Configuration Management Consultant will help in driving key deliverables for both strategic initiatives and operational support activities.
Working alongside the Senior Delivery lead you’ll ensure the implementation of pragmatic and best practice solutions on process and data to enable optimized execution of the Configuration Management delivery plan. In addition to engaging with global stakeholders, you will work across multiple workstreams to collaborate on Configuration Management Database (CMDB) operational activities.
We’re focused on developing our platform, and this is where you come in. You will work on design and implementation of processes through working sessions and stakeholder engagements, as well as applying data driven insights to identify opportunities and solutions.
You will have the opportunity to influence strategy, through collaborative working sessions and stakeholder engagements. You will have the opportunity to use process and data analysis from multiple sources to develop and measure KPIs that improves the health of the CMDB and promotes value to consumers and stakeholders.
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career and fulfil a key, hands-on technical role in a global team enabling strategic solutions such as Event Management toward achieving Artificial Intelligence Operations.
The deliverables of the team have visibility to the top of the organization and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to make an impact that is Enterprise wide.
So, what are the essential criteria to apply?
- Must be a zhunmum.com/RoI/EU citizen or possess a current zhunmum.com visa and eligible to take up full time, permanent employment. EU candidates must also demonstrate they are eligible to take up zhunmum.com employment post-Brexit.
- Minimum of 4 years’ IT industry experience; and
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of applied Configuration Management concepts, governance and practices; and
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience of applied process and data analysis preferably in a technical environment; and
- Applied experience of ServiceNow ITOM Service Mapping delivery
We also have some desirable criteria
- Advanced Excel skills (including Charting, Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, INDEX & MATCH).
- Ability to establish, manage and leverage relationships with internal and external partners.
- Operate independently and effectively in a team-based environment.
- Creative problem solver, curious and inquisitive – can progress tasks with limited direction.
- Aptitude to think strategically, conceptually, analytically and creatively.
- Ability to create compelling visualizations to support effective communication with stakeholders.
- ITIL and Service Management process experience.
- Experience of server platforms (Linux or Windows).
- Network infrastructure knowledge.
- Six Sigma Green belt or higher.
- Knowledge of SACM portfolio of tools.
What we offer
As a leading employer we offer a generous benefits package that includes flexible annual leave entitlement, dental and healthcare insurance, an attractive pension package and discounts on gym memberships, public transport and parking.
Allstate invests heavily in your development, as an employee you will have access to multiple world-class learning platforms and courses from our award-winning in-house Learning & Development team.
We pride ourselves in providing clear career paths and opportunities for internal mobility allowing you to further develop within the organisation.
We encourage a better work life balance and you’ll have the opportunity to apply for various flexible working arrangements.
Apply Here: https://bit.ly/39Z3wEn
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities
Allstate NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. However, as women are currently under-represented in our workforce, we would particularly welcome applications from women. All appointments will be made on merit.
Applicants should note Allstate NI complete AccessNI background checks on all candidates offered a position.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Tuesday 18th August 2020