To acquire paying subscribers to INM newspaper titles including Independent.ie and BelfastTelegraph.co.zhunmum.com at agreed cost per acquisition.
Your role is deeply commercial.
You will use customer data, qualitative and quantitative, along with your own experience and thoughts to build, test, and measure acquisition and retention campaigns from welcome to winback. As well as building relationships with our customers both B2C and B2B, you will build strong working relationships with our colleagues in Dublin, Belfast, Belgium, and Holland in order to share best practice and learnings.
You are an organised person. You plan, execute, and optimise campaigns and have a willingness to try and test new concepts relentlessly. You learn from campaigns that do not work and are curious to tweak and evolve more successful campaigns. You have a creative mind and an ability to get our message across to our customer as quickly and as easily as possible, as well as reaching new audiences in Ireland and internationally. You have a proven record of delivering sales volumes and commercial return in an online environment.
The successful candidate will report to the Acquisition and Lifecycle Manager and will have exposure to senior management.
ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES (Overview)
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum Experience & Essential Knowledge)
- Test and scale programs to subscribe customers across Ireland and the rest of the world
- Optimise conversion paths to maximise click-through and conversion rates
- Identify ways to subscribe customers with emphasis on pricing, bundling, and subscription length
- Working alongside data insights team to drive customer growth and subscription through digital channels
- Build out AB testing capability
- Writing customer focused content to support acquisition and retention
- Report on performance of acquisition campaigns. Take control groups where possible to understand what impacts these campaigns have on lifecycle and subscription churn
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to deliver supporting marketing materials
- Issue clear and insightful reports on campaign performance
- Identify opportunities to reach and acquire new B2C and B2B subscription audiences
SKILLS (Technical & Non-Technical)
- 5+ years' experience of delivering outstanding results in a commercial role
- You have implemented and measured multi-channel acquisition campaigns
- Strong analytical background; ability to formulate data-led strategic and tactical initiatives
- High intellectual capability and a passion for finding solutions to complex problems
- Experience operating across multiple projects in a dynamic industry is desirable
- Knowledge of and experience with customer retention initiatives
- Deep knowledge of Google Analytics and Ads, Facebook Ads, and other paid social marketing channels
- Proven success in growing leads, building email marketing lists and customer contact databases
- Diligent and data-oriented personality with a logical mind-set and strong attention to detail
- Degree or Masters in a relevant field
- Passion for new media and news media; knowledge of industry challenges and trends
- Customer-centric perspective with an ability to advocate for end user experience
- Collaborative approach with personal characteristics that engender trust and confidence
- Competitive orientation with a strong drive for commercial results and success
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Ability to influence others and challenge assumptions