Jacksons of Ballynure, are seeking to recruit a highly motivated, well organised and reliable Trainee Baker to help contribute to the effective and efficient day to day operation of the bakery.
Are you looking to start a career as a Baker, if so, we want you to apply?
42.5 hours per week, Mon-Fri inclusive (6.00am to 3.00pm), Saturday work required.
Starting wage £7.00 per hour with the possibility to increase depending on performance. Saturday work payable at overtime rate.
- Candidate must have the ability to work on their own initiative within a fast pace environment.
- Must be well organised and highly motivated with the ability to plan a head in order to meet deadlines.
- Must have the ability to lift and handle large and heavy equipment to include mixing bowls and general bakery utensils.
- High standard of hygiene due to the nature of the working environment.
- Experience within a bakery/food based environment
- Have a food hygiene certificate
Main Duties include:
Carrying out general bakery cleaning duties for example:
- Cleaning pans & Washing Utensils/baking equipment
- Operating and maintaining the dish washer to clean the larger bakery utensils
- Brushing and scraping the floor and maintaining a clean and tidy work surface at all times
- Assisting the Oven Operator emptying cakes and bread onto cooling trays
- Setting up and organising pans, oven racks and cake tins etc in advance for the bakers
Jacksons of Ballynure are an Equal Opportunities Employer
Jacksons of Ballynure reserve the right to enhance the above criteria in the event of an unprecedented response.