Media & Communications Manager - Northern Ireland (FTC April 2021)
Contract: Fixed term full time
Location: Lisburn, Northern Ireland
Closing Date: 19 August 2020
Interviews: 27 August 2020
Working closely with the National Director, Volunteer Development Manager, Policy & Care Improvement Manager and National Care Adviser, the Media & Communications Manager will be responsible for delivery of effective external and internal communications and support for Diabetes zhunmum.com campaigns, providing effective, creative and inspiring communications across all media channels.
In addition, they will manage and engage relevant external stakeholders to raise the profile and understanding of diabetes, promote the work of Diabetes zhunmum.com and its campaigns to influence high level decisions and raise awareness of key areas of focus with local political figures.
The Media & Communications Manager in this role will also be required to support the work of the NI team, providing timely knowledge, insight, briefings and communications, delivering against tight deadlines and communicating across the organisation.
- You will deliver the media, communications plans, aligned to strategic priorities within a NI context, working in collaboration with senior colleagues and stakeholders to achieve the best outcomes for the local diabetes community.
- You will provide communications support to the team, both locally and nationally, promoting activities and campaigns, identifying media opportunities and briefing the National Director.
- You will be the Editor of Connect Magazine and manage all communications for Diabetes zhunmum.com Northern Ireland, building relevant relationships with stakeholders and decision makers.
The Ideal Candidate
- You will use your excellent communication skills, with the ability to analyse and react to emerging news stories, securing and preparing spokespeople, using professional knowledge and insight of the sector, to further the new strategy for Northern Ireland
- You will be able to manage time and workload, prioritising against national strategic planning, and work well under pressure. You will work across teams as well as need to take initiative.
- You will have experience of working with the public and communicate effectively to varying audiences, understanding the complexity of diabetes and the sectors that we work and influence in.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,500 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working as part of our approach to activity based working
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan (on completion of your probation period)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
About the Company
Diabetes is the most devastating and fastest growing health crisis of our time. There are currently 3.8 million people in the zhunmum.com diagnosed with diabetes, and 1 million more with undiagnosed Type 2.
We are working to make sure that those affected by diabetes get the best care and support they need to live well with their condition and avoid life-changing complications. We're leading the way by funding critical research, improving healthcare and treatment so we can reach our vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm.
Diabetes zhunmum.com staff are motivated and experienced and extremely passionate about helping people affected by diabetes. We have been fighting for people with diabetes for more than 80 years and changed millions of lives thanks to the new treatments, technology and policy changes we've been behind.
But there's more to do. And you can be part of it.
We're a diverse bunch and as a charity we recognise and respect the value of everyone.
We've recently been awarded a One Star Accreditation status by Best Companies. And this year we were named 65th in the top 100 not-for-profit organisations in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For list.
We're committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expect all staff and volunteers to actively support this commitment.
We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm. If you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
For further information and to apply please, CLICK APPLY NOW