Fitness Programme Leader
North West Northern Ireland / Full time / Permanent.
Hours of work: Flexible to support programme needs
Remuneration: Negotiable depending on experience
Slainte is Ireland’s leading wellness holistic retreat, a nurturing sanctuary from a hectic world. We are Ireland’s only purpose-built retreat, with 5* accommodation, set in beautiful grounds on the scenic North West coast close to the world-famous Giant’s Causeway.
As Fitness Programme Leader you will contribute to the ethos of Slainte Retreat Company:
‘To create a holistic well-being environment where Clients can decompress, recover and rejuvenate no matter where they are in their personal well-being journey. Customer care is Slainte mantra and creating a community of followers, supporting each other, is our vision.’
Working closely with the General Manager and other team experts, the Slainte Fitness Programme Leader will be responsible for the design and delivery of all fitness coaching and instruction across all Slainte Retreat programmes. Creating programmes to inspire and motivate individuals in a group setting (maximum of 16 people at any time) or in a private 1-to-1 session. Exercise activities and programmes will be designed according to each retreat programme and will include both advanced and moderated content, including cardiovascular exercises, strength training, and Yoga/Pilates for flexibility, toning and stretching to achieve maximum weight loss, increase fitness levels or aid mobility and mindfulness. The leader will be working with people of all ages and skill levels (initially these will be women and will include men over time).
- A qualified Fitness professional with a qualification or strong interest and knowledge in nutrition
- Proven ability to design and deliver programmes on a wide variety of fitness sessions; HIIT, Yoga, strength training, kettlebells, weight training, boxing, flexibility, stretching, hikes/walking, and any other specialism to groups or 1 to 1
- Have proven experience of preparing daily work schedules, monitoring performance. Ensuring the whole teams adheres to the Slainte ethos
- Highly motivational, personable with an ability to win trust with Clients, particularly when it comes to discussing goals and results
- Ability to create and deliver educational sessions to Clients around fitness and nutrition – with a knowledge of all the latest diet programmes and fads to respond to Q&A with Clients
- You must be an innovative and creative thinker to contribute ideas during the team monthly and quarterly strategy sessions to help with continuous development of the Slainte retreat programmes
- Have 5 years’ experience in managing a team of fitness professionals.
Full job description is available to download.
Slainte are an Equal Opportunities employer.
- Slainte - Job Description Retreat Fitness Leader v2.pdf