VANRATH are delighted to be supporting a large Public Sector Organisation with the recruiting of a Business Support Manager. Within this role you will be responsible for providing support for the core procedural activities in the organisation.
The key responsibilities of the post may include but not be limited to the following:
- Assisting with research into crucial areas of interest to organisation members in order to inform future work to include legislative process and policy scrutiny;
- Supporting with the management and planning of the organisation’s business in an efficient and effective manner;
- Contributing to and providing accurate, timely and itative advice, guidance and briefing on a variety of procedural, policy and legislative matters arising from the work of the business unit;
- Establishing relationships with key personnel in Government Departments and agencies, media, private and voluntary organisations and members of the public;
- Assisting in the preparation of speaking notes, draft speeches and press releases for the committee chairpersons and others;
- Preparation of inquiry plans and draft reports for approval by senior management;
- Delivering front line services to a variety of stakeholders; and
- Managing and developing a team of staff and ensuring effective and efficient use of resources.
The Ideal Person:
Applicants must have at least:
- Two years’ experience of planning and organising a heavy and diverse workload and delivering high quality work to deadlines. Such work to include: meetings, events, or projects for key stakeholders.
- Two years’ experience of communicating effectively and developing working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Two years’ experience of line managing or supervising staff which may include experience gained within formal employment or a position of responsibility in a voluntary or private organisation. The experience is to include the allocation of work and the monitoring and evaluation of staff.
- The ability to act with impartiality and awareness of political sensitivities
It is also essential that applicants must have access to a car and must be flexible to the possibility of working late evenings and to a lesser extent weekends.
A 12 month role with a salary of £36,098 – £37,180, on-site parking + discount benefits
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Jamie Gault in the strictest confidence.