Biomarker Product Manager
Hours: 40 hours per week
Ref No: HRJOB5759
Business Unit: Diagnostics
Open To: Internal and External Applicants
Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organisation that has organically grown over 50 years and now employs in excess of 5,600 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our Global headquarters is located in Craigavon, Northern Ireland with additional operations throughout Europe (zhunmum.com, Ireland), across the US (Pennsylvania, North Carolina and California) and in Asia (Singapore and Japan).
Our drive and passion for the values championed by our Founder, and enshrined in the ethos of Almac, ensures that ‘Partnering to Advance Human Health’ is more than just a strapline – it is our way of life.
Advancing human health requires exceptional people - your talent, experience and passion will be the perfect match. Together we will make an exceptional difference to the health of countless patients all over the world ………and this is just the beginning.
Let’s be exceptional together
Working as part of the Commercial Product Management team based in our global headquarters in Craigavon, you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of biomarker and companion diagnostic projects. You will utilise your knowledge and experience of basic and applied medical science combined with excellent organisational skills to deliver projects within Almac Diagnostic Services.
As part of a busy team within a rapidly growing organisation, operating within a challenging industry you will benefit from the numerous personal and professional developmental opportunities available throughout the Almac group.
- Degree in a life sciences subject
- Experience of molecular science and its application to diagnosis and treatment of disease, in particular in relation to biomarkers
- Experience within a role requiring ability to organise, plan and prioritise tasks (and project teams) within a high volume workload in accordance with changing demands and priorities whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy in all work carried out
- Experience within a role requiring effective communication skills (written, oral and presentational)
(The following criteria may be applied if a large pool of applicants exist)
- PhD in a life sciences subject
- Proven project management experience
- Experience of product development in the field of diagnostics
Additional essential and desirable criteria are outlined in the person specification attached to the online job posting.
- Competitive salary
- Family friendly flexible working
- Learning and development opportunities and support
- Health promotions
- Enhanced pension contribution
- Long service awards
- 34 days annual leave allowance
- Marriage leave
- Free car parking
- Moving house leave
- Subsidised restaurant
- Paid medical appointments
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Occupational sick pay
- Critical illness policy
- On site physiotherapist
- Death in service benefit
- Perks discount scheme
- Westfield health benefit
(Full detail including eligibility criteria is outlined in the company handbook)
Apply online at www.almacgroup.com/careers
Closing Date: 8th September 2020 at 09.00 hours