Cpl are recruiting for a Tax Accountant on behalf of our client, a leading organisation based in Craigavon. Reporting to the Business Tax Manager, the Tax Analyst will join a focussed team, responsible for effective management of the VAT related balance sheet accounts as well as gaining experience in indirect tax compliance
While we would welcome applications from candidates with previous similar experience within industry this role would also suit a candidate looking to take the next step into industry from a practice environment who has tax exposure and an interest in developing their career down that route.
- Management of the Indirect Tax Receivable Balances for all Terex companies supported by the GBS Business Tax team.
- Completion of the month-end VAT account reconciliations and posting of associated journals.
- Management of year-end statutory audit.
- Management of tax ity audit and queries.
- Support with quarterly VAT cash-flow and balance sheet forecasting.
- Support of month-end close activities where appropriate.
- Support with quarterly corporate tax provision workbooks.
- Setting-up new EU VAT registrations.
- Indirect tax compliance support.
- Ensuring the reconciliation of submitted VAT returns to the general ledger.
- Supporting internal audit and annual Senior Accounting Officer review.
- Responding to queries within GBS and the wider business.
- Drive continuous improvement within the team by reviewing current compliance processes with a view to improve efficiency while maintaining data integrity.
- Ad-hoc project support where required.
- Qualified Accountant.
- Strong MS Office skills, particularly MS Excel.
- Experience of working with large volumes of financial data.
For more information on this role or any other within Accountancy & Finance please contact Darrach Teague on 02890725622 or apply directly below.