VANRATH are delighted to be working alongside our client, a well known transport provider with a focus on quality, customer service and innovation to assist with the recruitment of a Customs Manager on a full time permanent basis. Due the changes posed by Brexit, our client is now seeking a Customs Manager to join the team and solidify the ongoing compliance required on site.
- Working alongside senior management to develop and implement customs strategy
- Developing the customs offering to maximise the service provided
- Developing recruitment and training strategy
- Dealing with issues during set up
- Testing and Development of Software Systems
- Liaising with customers to continually streamline Customs processes
- Advising on Commodity Codes, Incoterms, etc.
- Determining appropriate tax and tariff arrangements
- Training and management of staff who will be making the declarations
The Ideal Candidate:
- At least 2 years similar experience within logistics/transport/freight forwarding
- Experience in making customs declarations on behalf of customers
- Fully conversant with import and export laws and regulations
- Good interpersonal skills to enable effective interaction with agencies and customers
- Although you will work as part of a team, you need to be self-motivating and be able to organise your work effectively and maintain records.
- Computer literate to operate computer programs such as Windows and any other software that is standard within the industry – experience with Thyme-IT would be an advantage
- Excellent benefits package
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Business Support job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Danielle Toman in the strictest confidence.